You will definitely fall in love with this soup. I have tasted this soup at a friend’s house living in Asia and liked the rich flavor so much. Believe me, it is worth trying.
The broth is made of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, lime juice, chili pepper and spices.
The soup includes much lime and this is why it will taste pleasantly sour. The broth also includes a mix of coconut milk and vegetable broth. The soup with this rich flavor will be your favorite recipe to make at home. We are making this soup for 4 people and it will take us less than half an hour.
We will need :
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds and 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk Lemon Grass
- Some fresh ginger
- 1 Lime squeezed
- 2 Red chili peppers
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 200g block Tofu
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- Some Coconut Milk
- 2 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 200 g Rice Noodles
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander
- Sesame Seeds
How to make the soup?
- We need to toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes. Chop the ginger and the lemongrass stalk into small pieces to blend for a minute.
- Fry the chopped tofu for 5 minutes each side and take off the heat for some time.
- Chop the remaining vegetables – the carrot, the onion and the red pepper. Chop the veggies into strips of the same size. Heat a little oil and add the vegetables and the blended base to be cooked for 5 minutes, stirring all the time. After that we can add the coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Add the rice noodles into a bowl and cover with boiled water, after 10 minutes you can drain.
- On a separate small pan fry the sliced mushrooms until golden brown adding sliced spring onion.
- Arrange the soup by first putting the rice noodles in the bottom, then the soup mixture, the tofu, mushrooms and fresh spring onion. If you like you can add some sesame seeds.