Now the Internet gives us opportunity to explore the world and with the help of it there is no necessity to visit a Thai restaurant in order to taste your favorite Thai food. Let’s make famous Thai food at home. This time we are making Chicken Satay.
Make sure you have these ingredients at hand :
- Half a cup of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Some chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken breast skinless and boneless, cut into 16 thin strips
For the sauce we will need:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
The process or preparation :
Combine coconut milk, cilantro, curry, sugar, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in ziplock bag, seal it and leave to marinade.
Mix vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, peanut butter and broth in a pan and boil over medium for 3 minutes stirring it to make smooth. Take away from heat, let it cool down.
Take the marinated chicken and place on either a metal or bamboo skewer and grill for 5 minutes, turn once until chicken is cooked through. When serving add the sauce.